MYPRG is a group of young people aged 14 - 25 years who meet once a month, along with two Council officers and a Councillor to chat, have fun, and share ideas and enthusiasm.
MYPRG talk and take action on ideas and issues that are important to young people, such as body image, environment, fair trade, and what is happening in the community.
MYPRG will be the voice and inspiration of Young People in Monash.
Mission and values
Monash Young Person's Reference Group is an inclusive group of young people, committed to creating greater connections between young people and the Monash City Council.For MYPRG to achieve its mission, we believe these values are crucial:
- Cultivate community awareness
- Inclusiveness and valuing diversity
- Personal initiative
- Inspirational leadership
- Action and personal example
Who can join the group?
Membership is open to young people aged 14 -25 who live, work, hang out or study in the City of Monash.
There are 19 places for young people in the group representing a variety of cultures backgrounds, ages, geographic areas and genders.
What does the group do?At MYPRG, not only will you have a chance to share your ideas, opinions, and needs as a young person, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Have your say on council issues
- Make new friends
- Learn and develop new leadership skills
- To represent the views of all young people in the City of Monash
- The Natural Confidence Positive Body Image Photography Competition
- Encouraging Monash City Council to become a Fair Trade Community and use fair trade products
- Encouraging Monash City Council to use energy saving light globes and uses water jugs instead of bottled water
When does the MYPRG meet?
MYPRG meets for a couple of hours on a Wednesday evening each month (except around exam times).
You are welcome to attend one of our meetings to meet the other members and ask questions about the group.
Please email email@example.com for a meeting time.
How do I join or get more information?
To join simply complete this form:
Monash Youth and Family Services website - FORM (opens in a new window).
Alternatively, you can download the document below and email to us:
For further information about YPRG please call Carly on 9518 3214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- MYPRG's Facebook page www.facebook.com/monashyprg
- Monash Youth and Family Services website:
Last updated: 25 October 2012Back to main navigation Back to section navigation