Our Maternal and Child Health Service provides health and developmental assessment for all families with children aged from birth to 6 years. Support, guidance, advice and information are offered to families.
All Maternal and Child Health (MCH) centres are staffed by qualified and registered Maternal and Child Health Nurses.Our Maternal and Child Health program provides:
- Key Age and Stage Health and Developmental Assessments
- New Parents Groups - facilitated by qualified MCH Nurses who will be happy to answer any questions you may have during these sessions.
- A Breastfeeding Support Service - Breastfeeding Drop-In Centre
- The Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Service for families requiring additional support.
- Little Steps Program for families experiencing difficulties with sleep and settling babies aged 8 weeks to 6 months.
- Chinese-Speaking New Parents Group
Little Steps Program
The Little Steps Program aims to support parents and families with developing and enhancing a positive relationship with their baby.
Assistance can be provided with understanding infant cues, settling your baby and establishing routines.
Breastfeeding Drop-In Centre
Receive FREE advice and support from dedicated lactation consultants.
Appointments are not necessary, just drop in.
For more information, call 9518 3662.
Chinese-Speaking New Parents Group
The Chinese-speaking (Mandarin) New Parent group meets regularly, bookings can be made through your MCH nurse.
Visits to the centre are by appointment only.
To make an appointment please contact the MCH Central Booking Service on 9518 3662 between 9am to 3pm. A message can be left and we will return your call as soon as possible.
If the matter is urgent please contact your local GP or nearest hospital emergency department.
Days of Opening
The days vary from centre to centre.
Hours of operation are usually 8.30 to 4.30pm and appointments are available from 9am to 3.30pm.
Evening sessions are currently available at Brandon Park, Pinewood and Clayton centres.
- Brandon Park: every second Friday - closed
- Clayton: Friday - closed
- East Oakleigh: Friday - closed
- Mount Waverley: every second Friday - closed
After hours appointments are available at Brandon Park, Clayton and Pinewood MCH centres for all Monash residents.
The DEECD Maternal and Child Health Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call: 13 22 29.
- Brandon Park, 7 Collegium Ave, Wheelers Hill
- Clayton, Clayton Community Centre, 9-15 Cooke Street.
- East Oakleigh, 59 Greville St
- Jordanville, 36 Burton St, Chadstone
- Kerrie, 35 Boyanna Rd, Glen Waverley
- Mount Waverley, 35 Sherwood Rd
- Mulgrave, 55 Shaftsbury Drive, Mulgrave
- Pinewood, 11 Pinewood Drive, Mt Waverley
- Warrawee Park, Atherton Rd, Oakleigh, ph 9568 1762.
Find out more at:
Community Directory (Council's Public Library website).
Last updated: 5 December 2014Back to main navigation Back to section navigation