What We Offer
The City of Monash Maternal and Child Health Service provides health and developmental assessment for all families with young children aged from birth to 6 years. Support, guidance, advice and information are offered to families.
All Maternal and Child Health (MCH) centres are staffed by qualified and registered Maternal and Child Health Nurses.Our Maternal and Child Health program provides:
- Key Age and Stage Health and Developmental Assessments
- Groups for new parents
- A Breastfeeding Support Service
- The Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Service for families requiring additional support.
- Little Steps Program for families experiencing difficulties with sleep and settling babies aged 8 weeks to 6 months.
- Breast feeding drop in centre every Monday afternoons ( except on Public Holidays)
Visits to the centre are by appointment only.
To make an appointment please contact the MCH Central Booking Service on 9518 3662 between 9am to 3pm. A message can be left and we will return your call as soon as possible.
If the matter is urgent please contact your local GP or nearest hospital emergency department.
Days of Opening
The days vary from centre to centre.
Hours of operation are usually 8.30 to 4.30pm and appointments are available from 9am to 3.30pm.
Evening sessions are currently available at Brandon Park, Pinewood and Clayton centres.
- Brandon Park: every second Friday - closed
- Clayton: Friday - closed
- East Oakleigh: Friday - closed
- Mount Waverley: every second Friday - closed
After hours appointments are available at Brandon Park, Clayton and Pinewood MCH centres for all Monash residents.
The DEECD Maternal and Child Health Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call: 13 22 29.
Information and Services Available
- Child Health and Developmental Screening
- Maternal and Family Health
- Breastfeeding Support
- Nutritional Advice
- Groups for New Parents
- Parent Education
- Immunisation Promotion
- Health Resources
- Accident and Injury Prevention
- Brandon Park, 7 Collegium Ave, Wheelers Hill
- Clayton, Clayton Community Centre, 9-15 Cooke Street.
- East Oakleigh, 59 Greville St
- Jordanville, 36 Burton St, Chadstone
- Kerrie, 35 Boyanna Rd, Glen Waverley
- Mount Waverley, 35 Sherwood Rd
- Mulgrave, 55 Shaftsbury Drive, Mulgrave
- Pinewood, 11 Pinewood Drive, Mt Waverley
- Warrawee Park, Atherton Rd, Oakleigh, ph 9568 1762.
Find out more at:
Community Directory (Council's Public Library website).
Last updated: 20 March 2014Back to main navigation Back to section navigation