What We Offer
The City of Monash Maternal and Child Health Service provides health and developmental assessment for all families with young children aged from birth to 6 years. Support, guidance, advice and information are offered to families.
All Maternal and Child Health (MCH) centres are staffed by qualified and registered Maternal and Child Health Nurses.Your MCH nurse offers:
- Key Age and Stage Health and Developmental Assessments
- Groups for new parents
- A Breastfeeding Support Service
- The Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Service for families requiring additional support.
- Little Steps Program for families experiencing difficulties with sleep and settling babies aged 8 weeks to 6 months.
Visits to the centre are by appointment.
To make an appointment please contact the MCH Central Booking Service on 9518 3662 between 9am to 3pm. A message can be left and we will return your call as soon as possible.
To contact a MCH nurse by telephone please see number below. If the nurse is unavailable you may leave a message on the answering machine. If the matter is urgent please contact your local GP or nearest hospital emergency department.
Days of Opening
The days vary from centre to centre. Please contact the individual centre.
Hours of operation are usually 8.30 to 4.30pm and appointments are available from 9am to 3.30pm.
Evening sessions are currently available at Brandon Park and Clayton centres.
Please contact your nurse for further details.
The DEECD Maternal and Child Health Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call: 13 22 29.
Information and Services Available
- Child Health and Developmental Screening
- Maternal and Family Health
- Breastfeeding Support
- Nutritional Advice
- Groups for New Parents
- Parent Education
- Immunisation Promotion
- Health Resources
- Accident and Injury Prevention
- Brandon Park, 7 Collegium Ave, Wheelers Hill, ph 9560 3673 (Office 1), or 9561 6039 (Office 2).
- Clayton, Clayton Community Centre, 9-15 Cooke Street, ph 9541 3151 (Office 1), ph 9541 3150 (Office 2).
- East Oakleigh, 59 Greville St, ph 9540 0373.
- Jordanville, 36 Burton St, Chadstone, ph 9807 2501 (Office 1), ph 9807 2500 ( Office 2).
- Kerrie, 35 Boyanna Rd, Glen Waverley, ph 9802 8836.
- Mount Waverley, 35 Sherwood Rd, ph 9807 2002 (Office 1), ph 9809 5387 (Office 2).
- Mulgrave, 55 Shaftsbury Drive, Mulgrave, ph 9560 0626 (Office 1), ph 9545 0682 (Office 2).
- Pinewood, 11 Pinewood Drive, Mt Waverley, ph 9802 7691 (Office 1) 9802 7692 (Office 2).
- Warrawee Park, Atherton Rd, Oakleigh, ph 9568 1762.
Find out more at:
Community Directory (Council's Public Library website).
Last updated: 20 May 2013Back to main navigation Back to section navigation